Call to Artists!
It’s time to celebrate another year with a crazy party, and it won’t work without you! We’re excited to invite you to participate in our annual benefit party and silent auction. This year’s theme is ¡Mambo Muerto! – a spicy Latino celebration of the soul. Shake out those skeletons in your closet and display them for all to see.
Your donation of artwork for our silent auction helps raise crucial funds for SPACES to continue our mission of presenting provacative new work and creating a vital dialogue about contemporary art. All mediums are appreciated and work does not need to fit within the theme of the party.
Here’s how you can participate in the ¡Mambo Muerto! Silent Auction:
1. Confirm your intent to participate: Call or email Bridget by Oct 16 at (216)621-2314 or email@example.com.
2. Select work to donate:
* We can accept up to three pieces of art (artists with jewelry or small three-dimensional work may donate more).
* Physical dimensions of the total donation should be no larger than 5 feet by 5 feet
* The market value (selling price) you determine for each donation should not exceed $1,500.
3. Bring in your work: See the schedule below for drop-off dates and times. Work must delivered no later than Oct 21 so that we can get the Public Preview of the Auction up and rolling (Oct 28–Nov 1)
4. Determine pricing: Bidding starts at 35% of the market value. Example: bidding for a $100 piece will start at $35.
5. Determine your contribution: You may choose to receive 0% (donating all proceeds to SPACES) or 20% (donating 80% of the proceeds to SPACES) of the actual selling price.
* If you opt for 0%, you will receive two 9 pm tickets to the Benefit as our thanks.
* If you opt for 20%, you will receive one 9 pm ticket to the Benefit as our thanks.
If your work sells, you will receive written notification with the selling price, buyer information and a check (if you requested a 20% commission) within 30 days. SPACES will notify you during the week of Nov 3 if your work did not sell, and you may pick up your work during this week. If you do not pick up your work within 30 days of the benefit it will become the property of SPACES, so pick your work up early!
Need an extra ticket? Volunteer for 4 hours before the benefit and receive one 9 pm ticket. If you have further questions or are interested in volunteering, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you in advance for your generosity and support of SPACES and our programs!
Drop off dates and times:
Sat, Oct 18 11–5:30pm
Sun, Oct 19 1–5:00pm
Mon & Tue, Oct 20 & Oct 21 11–5:30pm.
Please call if you need to make other arrangements.